Recently a follower of mine posted that she was writing a fan fic about the Sherlock series. She was asking for readers to go through her story and tell her what they thought…
I honestly wasn’t expecting what she e-mailed to me.
I was hanging on every word since the first sentence. Not only was he story beautiful, but her spelling was flawless. Her grammar was eloquent and charming. She was never redundant.
It gave me such a thrill to read her story that all of this couldn’t be contained in a simple message. I urge everyone who is a Sherlock fan to contact her. She is amazing!
Wow. WOW. I honestly could not be more amazed or flattered or…anything at this message. Thank you so much for saying all these wonderful things. This seriously might be one of the nicest things I have ever read and one of the best compliments I’ve received. I really don’t know what to say. My goodness look at me, I’m all aflutter.
A gif doesn’t really cover this, but it will have to do.
Disclaimer: Almost all of these fics were found at Archive Of Our Own (AO3) and they were selected according to my tastes and preferences. My opinions and reasons for putting them on a list are my own. So here’s the list of fics I read and liked/loved from the airing of The Reichenbach Fall to a couple minutes ago.
A Study in Mourning by bendingwind [G; gen; Sherlock/John; WIP]: Three years is a long time. Long enough for a heart to mend and move on, if not forget. Set after The Reichenbach Fall, mild John/Sherlock.
It’s a nice, sweet fic. Doesn’t pack quite an emotional punch but I was already emotionally compromised by The Reichenbach Fall so it did its job.
Hold Tight by ImpishTubist [T; gen; Lestrade & Sherlock]: Lestrade returns home one night to find an unexpected visitor in his flat.
In which Lestrade finds Sherlock in his flat post-Reichenbach and talk about why Sherlock is dead but not dead and what he should do and what he’s going to do. This is part of a short series, but I only read this one. They all seem to focus on the paternal!Lestrade & Sherlock relationship, which I’m okay with.
Reparations by LonelyBuzzard [G; gen; Mycroft & Sherlock]: Post-Reichenbach: Sherlock visits his brother.
In which Mycroft accepts his mistakes and the two brothers decide how to proceed in order to best protect John and the others.
The Mourning Woman by M_Leigh [G; gen, m/m; Sherlock/John, Molly]: “The last time Molly Hooper had a secret to keep, for somebody other than herself, she was fifteen years old.” Molly takes care of business, after the fall. Sherlock/John-ish.
Minds Like Ours Dream Up by BlackEyedGirl [M; m/m; Sherlock/John, Lestrade, Mycroft]: John can’t write up the case until he finds out why. He needs to write their story true. [Post The Reichenbach Fall, major spoilers.]
3. 9. 13. 22. \o/ (One number, they said... Oops.)
3. Benedict or Martin? …way to go straight for the gut there. I love them both, for entirely different reasons. But if I HAVE to pick just one, I think I have to pick Benedict (oh god Martin please don’t kill me in a fit of rage I’m sorry). Benedict legitimately amazes me with his talent, to the point where I honestly cannot believe what I am watching sometimes. He inhabits all of his characters so completely, and he brings them to life in ways that are so incredibly real that you just can’t imagine anyone else ever playing them. And to top it all off he’s one of the nicest, most humble, and most beautiful men on the planet. I am sure that not very long from now I’ll be watching him give his Oscar acceptance speech, and there may or may not be tears involved.
9. Favorite Doctor Who monster? Is it cliche to say the Weeping Angels? Whatever. I love the Weeping Angels. They scare the ever-loving fuck out of me (although not as much as those fucking peg dolls from Night Terrors), and they are absolutely brilliant. Seriously, gotta love a clever monster. Also major props to Steven Moffat for making us terrified of every statue that has ever existed. That bastard.
13. Rose Tyler or Amy Pond? Amy Pond. 100% Amy Pond. She was my first companion and I love her more than anything. I love her courage, her sass, her independence, and how real she is. I love that she does have weaknesses and problems, and that she makes mistakes. But she learns from those mistakes and she’s grown from the slightly immature girl who ran away the night before her wedding into Glorious Pond who makes the universe her bitch and doesn’t apologize. Amy Pond is magnificent.
22. Sherlock cast or Doctor Who cast? NO. NO I WILL NOT PICK ONE YOU CANNOT MAKE ME.
Fine. (ihateyou) I will very grudgingly choose the Doctor Who cast, just because I love the trio of Matt, Karen, and Arthur more than I can possibly say. They are a band of stupid-faced lovable space dweebs and they are flawless. I just want to hang out with them and make bad puns and be awesome. I JUST LOVE THEM A LOT OK?