1. Vae victis - “Woe to the conquered” aka the motto of my high school’s Latin club and a good attitude to take towards life
2. Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim - “Be strong and endure, one day even this pain will be useful to you.”
3. Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo - Um. Fine, I’ll translate it. “I will sodomize and face-fuck you.”
I love Catullus.
4. Mentula - Heh. It means dick. God I love dirty Latin.
5. Exegi monumentum aere perennius - “I have built a monument more lasting than bronze”. In high school we had to memorize the opening of this poem by Horace, and I’m pretty sure I’ll remember it for the rest of my life.
6. Mirabile dictu - “Miraculous to say” I think you know why.
This is the complete list, incorporating the ones in previous posts, as well as some new ones. Although when I say complete I imagine this in no way covers all the crossovers that are out there (feel free to let me know of any you know)
You are amazing! You are super sweet, super nice, and just a genuinely wonderful person. I feel incredibly lucky to be friends with you and really glad that I have gotten to know you so well. You’re the best <3